Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dear Arthur, Why Is Your Seat So Damn High!

For those of you not in the know, and that included me until about a week ago. Arthur's Seat is the top most point of this. Giant hill that overlooks all of Edinburgh...


We were feeling adventurous after our 3 hour nap on the coffin train...


And it's hard to tell but it's pretty windy, and also FREAKIN COLD!!!

Anyhoo we started heading up the hill and it's just beautiful...


But still freezing...


About a third of the way up to the peak, we started getting a little tired. T be fair we have been on the go for close to 3 days straight now...


Then old guys started jogging past us left and right...


That is the first of the Granpas in the background...


And this one came by...


He was even older than the last one, he might have been Santa...


Mom and Dad had had enough so they decide to chill while I tried to walk all the way up to the summit...


The view just got more and more amazing the higher I got...


It also got steeper and steeper...


And colder and colder...


But eventually I got to the top...


And it was totally worth it, just beyond beautiful up there...


Great, made it to the top, now where is the escalator down?


This is the reason why I travel, because I get to see places like this. Even though I think my earlobes froze off, it was totally worth it...


Now we are off to grab food and walk around since we still have about 5 hours to kill before we can check in. Zzz....

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Outer Space, Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment