Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Little Backstory...

So for those of you not in the know, I love to travel with pretty much whoever will go with me, be it friends, family or any poor fool that happens to cross my path.  Often it is with my friends and basically we end up terrorizing the people of whatever city we decide to stumble across, whether it be on this side of the Pond or somewhere in Europia.  

As I have spent a few years living abroad and traveling to many a random place, my parents are never sure exactly where I am, and by "my parents" I really mean my Mother who assumes if she hasn't heard from me I am lying dead in a ditch somewhere.  

Anyhoo, back to the important stuff.  This year is my parent's 40th anniversary.  Seeing that almost everyone I grew up with, their parent's are all pretty much divorced, I think it's pretty awesome that I grew up with the family I did.  So in order to celebrate I decided to take the Old Folks on their first trip to Europe.  And why you ask don't I just send them on their own.  That's mainly because of the running joke in our family where we are basically the Griswold's from the National Lampoon's movies.  Anything and everything that can go wrong on a vacation with us, often does.  Such as my brother and I getting lost in the woods when we went camping to Brad getting food poisoning when we went to Disney World to meet up with my parents and me washing my entire wallet while I was on vacation in Germany with all my credit cards in it, just to name a few instances.  

So I figure what better way to prove my point than to write a blog to show the world that we are indeed the Griswold's.  I am meeting up with my parents in London, which will be hilarious in and of itself.  Hopefully my Dad won't ask too many questions and they will actually let him into the country.  Day One includes some time to stroll around London before hopping on an overnight train to Scotland.  I'm pretty sure that day is going to go like this...


Once we figure out how to get out of the roundabout we are going to be bouncing around the UK for a few weeks, hitting up Scotland, York and then heading over to Dublin where  Brad is going to meet up with us.  And from hearing the way my parents are talking about the trip, I'm pretty sure my Mom thinks that we aren't taking a plane to fly to the UK, rather, we are stepping into a Time Machine...

  I hate to break it to you Mom but no one will be wearing petticoats and we will not run into these people along the way...

Have you seen the Moors today? Don't they look smashing darling!

And I am entirely convinced that my Dad has delusions that after wandering around the Scottish Highlands for a few days he is going to look like this...
Does this kilt make me look fat?

When in reality he's probably going to look more like this...
Look Ma no Hands!

So with that I send out a humble invitation to come along for the ride and enjoy our Shenanigans.  The trip starts April 25th, 2012.  And just in case it might be good to start a collection for bail out money cuz one of us is gonna end up in the slammer! Cheerio!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddo.. Dad and I are so excited; we can't wait to meet the Queen. Question.. Is that Tio Uncle Ralph from clan MacTur at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Special K... well done! looking forward to traveling with you, your folks and for the last week my beautiful son! After traveling with you and Brad, I know many magical memories await? Save travels and much love to you all! Ciao!

    ReplyDelete