Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Dowager Burkes

So this morning we hustled over to the train station because they told us that the landslide was fixed and we could take the morning train straight to York. Woohoo!! Then this happened...


Except by reopen they meant not reopened because we had to take a bus all the way back to Edinburgh, it took about three hours. We were all a little punchy. I put on glasses because my eyes were bright red from being tired...


And Mom just randomly started giggling...


Eventually we got to York...


And Mom said she wanted to see the countryside so I booked this place. For those of you who don't know, I'm a little obsessed with Downton Abbey and this place looks like it...


When we checked in, they told us we got upgraded to the two nicest suites in the place!!! Mom and Dad got this room...


I think it's going to her head...


Dad seems pretty at home too being all fancy...


This is the lounge and the hallway to their bedroom, pretty nice digs...


Okay Mom might be a little impressed...


And I kid you not this is my suite. I feel typecast...


In my lovely frilly pink suite...


After getting settled we went to the drawing room for afternoon tea. Oh yeah we be fancy...


Mom kept worrying that the Brits were going to kick us heathen Americans out for not being fancy enough...


Then the tower of food came and we pigged out...so good! We couldn't finish everything...


And then this happened...


Which led to this...


Dad tried to stop it...


But Mom said the cookies were too good to go to waste...


After our crime spree we headed out to the garden to plan our getaway if the occasion called for it...


The back gardens are just lovely...


Everything is starting to bloom...


Which is lovely but makes me sneeze my head off...


And I think maybe this fanciness is going to my head a little bit now...


Now we are off to get ready for dinner in the dining room. Cheers!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Yorkshire, England

No comments:

Post a Comment