Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Un-Cork-Ed

Waking up this morning for Dublin, I came to a few realizations.  1.) I'm an idiot and 2.) I see where I get it from.  Let me explain.  When we arrived to Dublin, we saw this contraption in the bathroom and we all commented, well that is a weird looking hair dryer...
It's pretty much an opposite vacuum where it just blows air all over the place, so when you try to use it, it pretty much blows you across the room.  How the crap are you supposed to style your hair in a wind tunnel?
Then this morning as we were packing to leave for Cork I did my usual routine of walking around and opening all the drawers (not that I opened any of them on arrival) to see if we left anything, and lo and behold, what do I find...
a damn hair dryer! IDIOT!! Turns out the reverse vacuum thingie (technichal name) is for unsteaming the mirrors in the bathroom or something, ugh.

So we went next door to tell Mom the news...
Aaaaand there is the proof that I am her son...
After the hair dryer debacle we headed off to Heuston Train Station...
It started pouring about 3 seconds after we took this picture so it was perfect timing...
Today we are going to Cork which is in the Southern end of Ireland, where part of our family came from...
It's nice to know that the curse of the Griswold's isn't just affecting us anymore...
We arrived in Cork and took a taxi over to our hotel aka baby Downton Abbey.  It's a lovely 5 star house called the Hayfield Manor...
That's right we be fancy!! More on that later...
The rooms were pretty amazing and I am pretty sure that bed is made of clouds because it is the most comfortable bed that I have ever been in.  Sorry, Manor people but the heathens are never leaving
They even give you stuff to entertain yourself in the room.  Call me old fashioned but I would have been fine with a tv remote...
Before we left Dublin, Jurgita gave me a gift...a bottle of Irish Whiskey!  Since we are flying carry on back to London, looks like we are gonna be partying in Cork...
O'Cheers!
Cough, cough, oooooh it's a wee bit strong this Irish Whisky, yikes! We all had a glass and all coughed, but it did warm us right up!
Then we headed down to High Tea in the Drawing Room.  Hopefully Mom learned her lesson, but then I forgot one important thing...
Evil B-rad is here now to egg her on to be a deviant!
They may look all innocent, but don't let them fool you...
Once again there was way too much food to eat, so I saw that gleam in my Mothers's eye and that smile creep across B-rad's face...
Don't do it, you criminals!
Dad and I once again were on the same page...
I mean look at those two...
Such ruffians...
Alas my pleading did not work, Mom succeeded in stealing the rest of the desserts and bringing them back to the room.  Brad and I even had to be their distraction as we went to the front desk to ask for directions to somewhere we aren't going to till tomorrow.

Now we are off to chill and try and knock out some more of the Whisky, cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment